Monday, May 10, 2010

Well I survived my first Mothers Day! Don't know how, but I did.

I think the build-up to it was worse than the actual day.

We went out for lunch with my mum, sil, and mil. It wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be. It was kind of just like any other day because luckily the restaurant we chose wasn't handing out flowers to the Mums or anything like that, I really would have hated to explain that I'm a mother to a dead baby. But I needn't have worried, it didn't come up.

Afterwards we went back to my Mums for afternoon tea with my brother and his fiance which was lovely and then to my sil's for a roast dinner, which was delicious!

So all in all a pretty good day. I even got some presents which I will post pictures of tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice day. Happy to hear it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anticipation usually does seem to be worse than the actual day. I'm glad it went ok!

    ReplyDelete